Home » India Post Guidelines
India Post Guidelines for release of Commemorative Postage Stamps & Special Covers
- Rules for issue of Commemorative Postage Stamps: Download Rules ** New Updated
- Proforma for issue of Commemorative Stamps & Guidelines for Release Function: Download Proforma
Duly filled form may be sent to The Deputy Director General (Philately), Department of Posts, Dak Bhavan, Sansad Marg, New Delhi - 110 001 for proposal of Commemorative Stamp.
Special Covers / Cancellations:
An event which is not nationally important enough to be commemorated by issue of a Commemorative/Special stamp or for which a stamp cannot be accommodated in the annual issue programme may be commemorated by the Department by issue of Special Covers which can be cancelled with a special cancellation at the post office selected for the purpose. Such covers can also be issued at the instance of private parties on payment of requisite charges. These covers should bear minimum postage stamps of any kind equivalent to the minimum inland letter mail rate. Heads of Circles are the Competent Authority to sanction Special Covers commemorating any event/institution/inaugural flight under their jurisdiction. They also coordinate its release.
- Rates for Special Cancellations:
Departmental feesRates for the Special Cancellation / CoverPer day per Post Office in INRPer day if it is at proponent's premises in INR On working days12,500/-25,000/- On Sundays/holidays25,000/-50,000/-
Source: No. 35-20/2010-Phil (Part), 11.05.2016
- Proforma of Special Cancellation/Cover Proposal: Download Proforma
Proposal letter may be sent to The Cheif Postmaster General of the respective Postal Circle.
- Philatelic Deposit Accounts can be opened Philatelic Bureaux: Download Account Opening Form
- India Post Contact Information :
Department of Posts
New Delhi - 110 001